Thursday, May 17, 2012

ACCEPTED!!!!

YESSSS!

YUHGUISE, I was accepted to the Writers on Stage summer program in NYC! I'm so excited!!!

This totally me right now:
image

Lmao,  but seriously. I can't stress how amazing an experience this will be for me. Before high school, like, literally even the summer right before, I was sooo into writing. But after taking all these honors/AP classes, having a sucky boyfriend and friends, and all the drama therafter, I had so much going on I literally had no time or inspiration to write! But this creative writing (and acting- YEESH!) may just help me find my way back to it, and maybe I'll even go down a different road in life... like travel journalism, or photo journalism!

The only problem I can imagine having is the acting part - I hope to the lawd all mighty I don't make a fool of myself. Especially because I do worse in front of a small group of people, I'd way rather act in front of a full auditorium or something. I'll probably be googling tips on performing on stage ALL the time, especially with my horrible anxieties... but I'll get over it! I honestly feel like the best possible thing for me at a time when I just lost all my friends and had my heart broken by a douche was throwing myself into a time and practically life consuming production I did last April!

We had French foreign exchange students, so some of the french class students(us) teamed up with them to do a skit on French/American sterotypes! It was hilarious. I'll have to upload my skit. Even though it wasn't as good as the rest, it means alot to me, okayy?! lol. I was at a really bad point in my pathetic little high school life where even though it wasn't obviously, the whole world felt like it was crashing down around me. (Keep in mind I was a freshman! Dramaticness was my life!) Yet somehow, throwing myself into the production where I only knew 2 of the people (the ones in my group), couldn't speak the same language as half of them, and had only ever seen the rest, I still managed to feel confident and happy as ever on the performance night, there in front of my whole school! And I didn't even know the people I was working with - I can't wait to get to know these people, and hopefully become friends with them, for a month!

Oh, and did I mention this is all free? Yeah, I feel so lucky right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment